Did you know that pork is naturally low in Sodium? Lean more on our Nutrition Facts Page
Hearty Pork and Vegetable SoupMay 2, 2011
- 1 lb500 gLean Ground Canadian Pork
- 11large onion, chopped
- 22cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups1 Lchicken broth
- 22medium tomatoes, chopped
- 22celery stalks, sliced
- 22carrots, finely diced
- 1 tsp5 mLWorcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp1 mLEACH thyme, oregano, freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup125 mLuncooked macaroni or other small pasta
In a non-stick saucepan over medium heat, cook pork, onion and garlic, breaking up pork until meat begins to brown. Add broth, tomatoes, celery, carrot, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Add pasta, reduce heat and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Serve with crusty, whole wheat rolls.
Note: Always cook ground pork to well done.