Pork is a Powerhouse of nutrition and an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12 and zinc as well as many other nutrients. Check it out on our Nutrition Facts Page
Ground Pork RatatouilleMay 2, 2011
- 1 lb500 gLean Ground Canadian Pork, or 4 Italian Canadian Pork Sausages, sliced
- 1 Tbsp15 mLcanola oil
- 11onion, chopped
- 11medium red or green pepper, chopped
- 33cloves garlic, minced
- 24 oz680 mLcan Italian tomato sauce
- 3 cups750 mLwater
- 1/2 tsp2 mLsalt
- 2 cups500 mLuncooked penne noodles
- 22medium zucchini, sliced
- Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil. Add pork or sausages, onion, peppers, and garlic. Stirring constantly, cook for 5 minutes. Add sauce, water, salt and noodles. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add zucchini and continue cooking, uncovered, stirring occasionally until pasta is cooked, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Note: Always cook ground pork and sausages to well done.