Did you know that pork is the leading food source of Thiamine? Thiamine or vitamin B1 helps to build & repair nerves and muscles. To learn more nutrition facts about pork visit the Nutrition Facts page
Carls White ChiliMay 2, 2011
1 1/4 hours
- 1 1/2 lb750 gLean Ground Canadian Pork
- 1 Tbsp15 mLcanola oil
- 1 cup250 mLchopped onion
- 22cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp7 mLEACH cumin and ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp4 mLoregano
- 1/8 tsp0.5 mLEACH ground cloves and cayenne pepper
- 19 oz540 Llcan white kidney beans
- 1 1/2 cup375 mLchicken broth
- 1 cup250 mLshredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro or parsley (optional)
In a large heavy pan, brown pork in hot oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, cloves and cayenne pepper. Cook 5 minutes. Meanwhile, drain and rinse beans. Add beans and broth to pan. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Add more broth if necessary. Remove from heat; adjust seasonings. Before serving, portion chili into individual ovenproof bowls. Top with some shredded cheese and broil until lightly browned. Garnish if desired.
Note: Always cook ground pork to well done.