Pork is a Powerhouse of nutrition and an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12 and zinc as well as many other nutrients. Check it out on our Nutrition Facts Page
Apple ‘N’ Oat BurgersMay 2, 2011
- 1-1/2 lbs750 gLean Ground Canadian Pork
- 1 cup250 mLinstant oatmeal
- 1/4 cup50 mLfinely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp25 mLfinely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 tsp2 mLdry mustard
- 1 tsp5 mLsalt
- pinchpinchground cloves
- 11egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup250 mLfinely chopped apple
- 1/4 cup50 mLtomato ketchup
- 66crusty rolls or hamburger buns
Mix all ingredients well and form into six patties. Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Barbecue or broil for 10-15 minutes, turning half way through.
Serve on buns with condiments of your choice.
Note: Always cook ground pork to well done.