Did you know that pork tenderloin contains less fat than boneless, skinless chicken breast? Compare sources of animal protein on the Nutrition Facts Page
Apple ‘N’ Oat BurgersMay 2, 2011
- 1-1/2 lbs750 gLean Ground Canadian Pork
- 1 cup250 mLinstant oatmeal
- 1/4 cup50 mLfinely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp25 mLfinely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 tsp2 mLdry mustard
- 1 tsp5 mLsalt
- pinchpinchground cloves
- 11egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup250 mLfinely chopped apple
- 1/4 cup50 mLtomato ketchup
- 66crusty rolls or hamburger buns
Mix all ingredients well and form into six patties. Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Barbecue or broil for 10-15 minutes, turning half way through.
Serve on buns with condiments of your choice.
Note: Always cook ground pork to well done.