Did you know that pork is naturally low in Sodium? Lean more on our Nutrition Facts Page
Apple and Sage MeatloafPosted on May 2, 2011 by admin-F0RS3
- 2 lbs1 kgLean Ground Canadian Pork
- 1 cup250 mLfinely diced onion
- 1 cup250 mLfresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup250 mLmilk
- 1/2 cup125 mLapples, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup125 mLchopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp25 mLDijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp15 mLchopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp5 mLEACH salt and ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp25 mLbutter
- 11medium onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp25 mLall purpose flour
- 2 cups500 mLbeef bouillon
Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork, onion, breadcrumbs, milk, apples, parsley, mustard, sage, egg, salt and pepper, being careful not to overwork the mixture. Place in a greased medium loaf pan. Place pan on a baking sheet and bake for about 90 minutes or until the middle of the meatloaf registers 160°F (71°C) on a meat thermometer. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add onions. Cook onions until browned. Remove from heat, stir in flour until fully incorporated. Return to heat and whisk in bouillon. Bring to a boil and adjust seasoning. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve with meatloaf.
Note: Always cook ground pork to well done.
Comments are closed.