How to… Prepare a Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin is the only cut of pork that can tolerate a high temperature. Tenderloin will cook in about half-an-hour roasted in a 400°F (200°C) oven - talk about great fast food!
(1) Pat the tenderloin dry with a paper towel.
(2) Rub the outside of the tenderloin with seasonings as desired.
(3) Place the tenderloin in a roasting pan.
(4) Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
(7) Place the tenderloin in the oven for 20-25 minutes; or until an internal temperature of 155°F - 160°F (68°C - 71°C) is reached. Time will vary depending on size of tenderloin piece.
(8) Remove the tenderloin from the oven, cover in loosely tented aluminum foil for 10 - 15 minutes to allow the juice's to redistribute, and the internal temperature to rise.
(9) Slice against the grain (across the tenderloin) into medallions to serve.