Did you know that pork is naturally low in Sodium? Lean more on our Nutrition Facts Page
Lemon-Sage Schnitzel with Panko CrustMay 2, 2011
- 44Canadian Pork Leg Inside, Scallopini or Schnitzel
- 1 cup250 mLpanko crumbs**
- 1 tsp5 mLgrated lemon rind
- 1 tsp5 mLdried leaf sage, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp2 mLfreshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp20 mLEACH mayonnaise, Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp25 mLwater
- canola oil
- 44lemon wedges
On a plate, combine crumbs with lemon rind, sage and pepper. Combine mayonnaise and mustard. Whisk egg and water together in a medium bowl. Dredge schnitzels with mayonnaise mixture, dip into egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Transfer to a rack and allow crumbs to dry, about 15 minutes. Heat a small amount of oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Panfry schnitzels, about 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown; do not overcook. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
* Trimmed fast fry pork chops, pounded thinly, may be substituted for schnitzels.
** Panko crumbs are a lighter fluffy type of crumb. Regular bread crumbs may be substituted.