Did you know that pork is naturally low in Sodium? Lean more on our Nutrition Facts Page
Hot ‘n Spicy QuesadillasMay 2, 2011
- 1 lb500 gfresh Hot Italian Canadian Pork Sausages
- 11sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 11tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup50 mLdiced olives, black or green
- 3 cups750 mLshredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup125 mLgrated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp20 mLdried basil
- 1 Tbsp15 mLcanola oil
- 11clove garlic, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1010large flour tortillas
Skin pork sausages; place on a pan and pre-cook 30 minutes in a 375ºF/190ºC oven. Chop sausage finely; combine with red pepper, tomato, olives, cheeses and basil. Combine oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Add to cheese mixture; stir to combine. Place about 1/4 cup (50 mL) on half of each tortilla; spread evenly to edges. Fold unfilled side over; press together gently and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 400º/200ºC about 10 minutes or until browned. Allow to cool slightly. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges. Serve as an appetizer or light lunch or snack.
Note; Fresh pork sausage should always be cooked to well done.