Pork is a Powerhouse of nutrition and an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12 and zinc as well as many other nutrients. Check it out on our Nutrition Facts Page
Holiday Stuffed Rack of PorkPosted on May 2, 2011 by admin-F0RS3
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours
- 3 lb1.5 kgCanadian Pork Rib Roast, Rack
- 1/2 cup125 mLchopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup125 mLchopped onion
- 1/2 cup125 mLchopped sweet red pepper
- 2 Tbsp25 mLcanola oil
- 1/21/2package (10 oz/300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cup500 mLsoft bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp2 mLEACH salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp1 mLEACH sage and garlic powder
In a skillet, cook mushrooms, onion and red pepper in hot oil until onion is tender. With your hands, squeeze as much moisture as possible from spinach. Add to vegetables with bread crumbs and seasonings. Carefully slide a long knife through the centre of the meat from one end of the rack to the other. Enlarge hole slightly with knife. Remove knife. With your fingers, open the hole you just cut. Force the stuffing into the opening first from one end, then from the other. Roast uncovered at 325°F (160°C) for approximately 20-25 minutes per lb/0.5 kg or until meat thermometer reaches 155-160°F (68-70°C). Remove roast from oven. Cover loosely and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Note: any extra stuffing may be baked, covered in a greased casserole, for about 30-60 minutes at 325°F (160°C).