Did you know that pork is naturally low in Sodium? Lean more on our Nutrition Facts Page
Fast-Fry Pork Loin Chops with Feta Cheese and Black OlivesMay 2, 2011
- 44Canadian Pork Loin Chops, boneless, fast fry
- 1/2 tsp2 mLground black pepper
- 1/2 cup125 mLcrumbled feta cheese
- 1/21/2red bell pepper, roasted and thinly sliced (or 1/4 cup/50 mL bottled roasted red peppers)
- 88black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 8-108-10basil leaves, shredded
- 2 Tbsp25 mLextra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp15 mLchopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp15 mLcanola
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Season pork chops with pepper and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine feta cheese, roasted red pepper, black olives, basil, olive oil and garlic. Toss to mix. Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium and add pork chops. Fry chops on both sides for 30 seconds each side, just to brown. Pile feta mixture evenly over the 4 chops, covering them entirely. If you don’t have an oven-proof skillet, place chops on a baking tray. Place chops in oven and cook for five minutes, or until pork is just cooked, with just a hint of pink.
In a hurry? Top pork with a chunky store-bought salsa and grated cheese in place of the feta mixture.