Did you know that pork is the leading food source of Thiamine? Thiamine or vitamin B1 helps to build & repair nerves and muscles. To learn more nutrition facts about pork visit the Nutrition Facts page
Easy Sweet & Sour PorkMay 2, 2011
- 1-1/2 lbs750 gCanadian Pork Strips
- 14 oz398 mLcan pineapple chunks in juice
- 3/4 cup175 mLbottled barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup50 mLwhite vinegar
- 1 Tbsp15 mLcornstarch
- 11green pepper, cut into strips
In a lightly oiled non-stick skillet, brown pork over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice. When no pink remains, stir in barbecue sauce, 1/2 cup (125 mL) juice from the canned pineapple, vinegar, cornstarch, and green pepper. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Add pineapple chunks and simmer 5 more minutes.
Serve with rice.