Did you know that pork tenderloin contains less fat than boneless, skinless chicken breast? Compare sources of animal protein on the Nutrition Facts Page
Breakfast Gourmet Sausage WrapMay 2, 2011
- 1 lb500 gfresh Canadian Pork Sausage - Chorizo, Italian or your favorite
- 1 1/2 cups375 mLfrozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup125 mLchopped onion
- 1/21/2green pepper, chopped
- 88eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp1 mLground black pepper
- 8810" (25 cm) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup125 mLshredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa, optional
In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute pork sausage about 11 minutes, or until browned. Remove sausages from pan; drain; slice thinly; keep warm. Add potatoes, onion and green pepper to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned, about 7 minutes. Add eggs and pepper; cook over medium heat until eggs are almost set; stir in sausage. Fill each tortilla with sausage-egg mixture; roll up and place, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13×9-inch (3.5 L) baking dish. Bake in 400ºF/200ºC oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 3 minutes longer. Serve hot with salsa, if desired, a plate of mixed fresh fruit and coffee or tea.
Note: Fresh sausage should always be cooked to well done.