Pork is a Powerhouse of nutrition and an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12 and zinc as well as many other nutrients. Check it out on our Nutrition Facts Page
Breakfast Gourmet Sausage WrapMay 2, 2011
- 1 lb500 gfresh Canadian Pork Sausage - Chorizo, Italian or your favorite
- 1 1/2 cups375 mLfrozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup125 mLchopped onion
- 1/21/2green pepper, chopped
- 88eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp1 mLground black pepper
- 8810" (25 cm) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup125 mLshredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa, optional
In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute pork sausage about 11 minutes, or until browned. Remove sausages from pan; drain; slice thinly; keep warm. Add potatoes, onion and green pepper to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned, about 7 minutes. Add eggs and pepper; cook over medium heat until eggs are almost set; stir in sausage. Fill each tortilla with sausage-egg mixture; roll up and place, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13×9-inch (3.5 L) baking dish. Bake in 400ºF/200ºC oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 3 minutes longer. Serve hot with salsa, if desired, a plate of mixed fresh fruit and coffee or tea.
Note: Fresh sausage should always be cooked to well done.